Thotakoora (Amaranth) Seeds
- Reviews (0)
Amaranth Thotakura seeds
Weight: 10 grams.
Number of Seeds per 10 grams: 500 approximately
Green variety of Amaranthus popular in Andhra Pradesh. It is often cooked with dals. Totakoora (or totakura) provides excellent roughage in your diet and is rich in calcium, iron and vitamin A and C. Available in larger quantities.
Common name: slender amaranth or green amaranth
Bloom time: Summer
- will do well in all types of soil but poorly aerated clay soils
- pH range between 6.0 to 7.0
- Sow seeds early in the season and cover lightly with soil.
- Space seeds or seedlings 10-12″ apart.
- They will tolerate a little crowding, and look good in clumps or groups
Height: Plants grown in average garden soil will be 4 to 6 tall, while those grown in rich soil or compost may reach over 8 feet.
Watering: Water them during dry periods, once or twice per week
Harvest: Harvesting of Amaranth can start after 6 to 8 weeks of sowing.
Don’t wait too long to harvest, or wait for larger leaves; bitterness will set in quickly after maturity.
Difficulty Level: Easy
You may also like…