Gongura (Pundi) Seeds
- Reviews (0)
Buy Gongura Seeds Online at Very Less Price on Plantkart
- Name : Gongura Seeds
- Weight: 10 grams.
- Number of Seeds per 10 grams: 500 approximately
Gongura, leafy vegetable is a rich source of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals that are highly beneficial for overall health. Plantkart Offers Gongura Seeds at a very affordable price.
Common name: Green Gongura
Botanical Name: Kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus) and Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa)
Sowing Season: Throughout the year. Best grown in winter.
- will do well in all types of soil but poorly aerated clay soils
- pH range between 6.0 to 7.0
Planting of Gongura Seeds
- Sow seeds early in the season and cover lightly with soil.
- Space seeds or seedlings 10-12″ apart.
- They will tolerate a little crowding, and look good in clumps or groups
Height: Plants grown in average garden soil will be 4 to 6 tall, while those grown in rich soil or compost may reach over 8 feet.
Sunlight: Gongura requires partial sunlight of 3-4 hours. So place your containers accordingly. However, it can withstand full sun during winters.
Watering: Water your Gongura container / raised bed every day in the form of a light shower with a watering can. Sprinklers can be placed outdoors.
Harvesting: About 25-30 days after sowing, Gongura can be harvested by cutting the mature leaves using a scissor and leaving the fleshy base of the plant for the next harvest. In this way you can harvest Gongura 4-5 times in the intervals of 20-25 days.
Difficulty Level: Easy